DIY Financial Advisor: A Simple Solution to Build and Protect Your Wealth by Wesley R. Gray, Jack R. Vogel, & David P. Foulke
If you have ever found yourself always deep in debt and always in on the point of never breaking even, then Wesley R. Gray, Jack R. Vogel, and David P. Foulke’s “DIY Financial Advisor: A Simple Solution to Build and Protect Your Wealth” is a must-read. As a managing trio of Alpha Architect, LL, “DIY Financial Advisor” does well in providing readers with crucial and fundamental information, advice, solutions, and Do-It-Yourself tools needed to take the helm that handles their wealth and manage it. Furthermore, “DIY Financial Advisor” removes the boundaries between common laymen and the so-called “experts” on the financial field – providing simple models that will rival even the most seasoned of investors.
About the Author
Wesley R. Gray, Ph.D., is the founder and executive managing member of Alpha Architect, LLC. He has also co-authored Quantitative Value: A Practioner’s Guide to Automating Intelligent Investment and Eliminating Behavioral Errors.
Jack R. Vogel, Ph.D., works as Head of the Research Department and Chief Financial Officer of Alpha Architect, LLC.
David P. Foulke is also a managing member of Alpha Architect, LLC, where he assists in business development, firm operations, strategic initiatives, and developing papers on quantitative investing and behavioral finance topics.
Table of Contents
- Part One: Why you can beat the experts
- Chapter 1: Are experts trying too hard?
- Chapter 2: Simple Models that typically beat the experts
- Chapter 3: Experts are biased and overconfident
- Chapter 4: Experts tell us stories, not facts
- Part Two: How can you beat the experts
- Chapter 5: A Framework for investment decisions
- Chapter 6: A simple asset allocation model that works
- Chapter 7: A simple risk management model that works
- Chapter 8: Simple security selection model that works
- Chapter 9: The Do-It-Yourself Solution
- Chapter 10: Some Practical Advice
- Appendix Analysis Legend
- About the Companion Website
- About the Authors